Privacy & Security Notice
Your privacy and security are our highest priority. Ensuring electronic access to state government information and services while maintaining privacy is a guiding principle of the state's Direction of Enterprise Information Technology. CC-ASAP collects only the personal information necessary to provide enhanced services to our citizens and customers. Please note that all non-exempt information collected by CC-ASAP services may be subject to public disclosure under KRS 61.870, the Kentucky Open Records Act. However, public records containing information of a personal nature are protected from disclosure by the personal privacy exemption of state law. Personal data in our possession is maintained and used in ways that respect individual privacy.
Depending on the situation, we may collect the following information about visitors to our Web site:
- · the domain name
- · the e-mail addresses of those who communicate with us via e-mail
- · aggregate information about which pages consumers access or visit
- · information volunteered by the consumer, such as survey information
This information is used only to improve the scope and content of the services on the Internet.
CC-ASAP will not release personal information to third parties except where it is already provided by law for purposes of notification. We will not provide, rent or sell personal information to third parties for marketing programs or any other purpose. State law restricts the use of personally identifiable information for commercial purposes. Depending on the specific nature of the service, information may be shared with other state agencies as stated in KRS 61.878 (5)(.pdf). This statute allows for the exchange of public records or sharing of information between public agencies when the exchange is serving a legitimate governmental need or is necessary in the performance of a legitimate government function.
If you send an E-mail message or complete a web form, which contains personal information, we collect and store the following information:
- · Any personally identifying information, which you choose to provide (for example your mailing address), in an electronic mail message or web form requesting information or if you send any information in a Live Help session, which contains personal information, we collect and store the following information: commenting on policies, issues, or events. Information collected in this manner is used solely for information and, in some cases, to respond to you.
- · Please do not put confidential and personal information such as social security number, date of birth, bank account and credit card information, mother's maiden name or medical information in your e-mail communications. Your privacy cannot be protected or insured during email or web form transmission.